The allergy, cold and flu season is on its way. Kids are back to school, and stress is at an all-time high. I’m going to give you tips on how to stay well and how to boost immunity with probiotics and practices that fortify your entire body.
In order to stay on top of your health and stay well and energized, we need to strengthen our bodies with certain practices and foods.
Next, we need to supplement with probiotics that keep our gut strong enough to ward off the invaders that want to make us sick.
Obviously we know to wash hands often, eat more veggies and stay away from sick people. But there are habits that need to be the focus every day so your kids and family are well.
Here are my tips to keep you at the top of your game so you never need to take a day off!
1. A great day starts with a good night’s sleep. Boost immunity and reboot energy levels so that your next day is a powerful one.
Create rituals that get everyone calmed down and prepared for bed, with an activity that doesn’t involve too much movement or tech devices. Read a book, listen to music, stretch or do a 5- minute deep breathing activity that prepares your body to sleep and regenerate.
Deep breathing and meditation has been proven to calm nerves, lower blood pressure and boost immunity.
2. Spend some time outdoors in natural sunlight. Besides feeling great, the sun naturally boosts your immune system. For at least 15-30 minutes get outdoors and get some sun on your skin.
3. Stay away from processed foods, fake sugars and conventionally raised animal products.Eat as close to nature as possible with lots of organic vegetables and fruits. Eat pasture-raised or hormone-free dairy and meats.
4. Stay hydrated. Drink purified and mineral water. Drink cold-pressed organic juices and water with lemon. Greens in juices and greens smoothies are super-efficient at boosting the entire bodies response to stress and illness. These will not only fortify your cells, but they will also flush out toxins and keep your brain and body energized.
Signs of fatigue and headaches are often a sign of dehydration. If you sweat a lot during exercise, you need even more water. So drink up!
5. Eliminate or limit alcohol and “party foods”.Summer is a great time for gatherings, vacations and time with friends. Most of the time that involves a lot of drinks and the “fun foods” that go with it. Or, the poor choices the day after when you’re trying to get your mojo back! If you drink, limit it to a glass of wine, or a drink made with soda water and lime or lemon…and drink MORE water if you’re drinking alcohol and NEVER drink and drive.
6. Plan your week ahead when it comes to groceries and meals. A lean and fit body has healthy foods that keep us energized on hand at all times, and exercise is a way of life. Have fresh fruit and cut up veggies ready to nibble or throw into a blender for a nutrient-dense way of keeping your body vital!
Forget trendy diets and calorie counting. When you open your fridge you should see colorful foods with options that keep your body strong and vital. When your body is prepared, it will ward off germs and stressful days!
A huge part of your immunity is up to you.
All you have to do is put these simple tips into play every day…and feel great through all the seasons of life!
AND, THE MOST IMPORTANT DAILY STEP I TAKE EVERY SINGLE MORNING IS TAKING A QUALITY PROBIOTIC TO FORTIFY MY IMMUNE SYSTEM, AND WARD OFF VIRUSES, ILLNESS, AND TOXINS.
CLICK HERE FOR YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM SUPPORT TOOL THAT YOU SHOULD START EVERY DAY WITH LIKE I DO! Besides adding in stellar foods, and nutrients, I KNOW that all health starts in your gut and your immunity depends on it…especially with the cold and flu season right ahead of us!
Sharing ways for us to live long and strong in bodies we love for life!