It’s very common to be sore after exercising. When we work out, we are actually creating microtrauma to our muscles. What that is, is small tears in the tissue that actually needs to be repaired. Reducing inflammation after exercise can be done in several ways.
As a gym owner, weight lifter and coach…I have helped many people create stronger bodies with the ability to recover quickly so that they can get to their goals faster and with less pain!
- Drinking half of your bodyweight in ounces in water per day will help your muscles soften. When you are dehydrated, you are more apt to cramp and be sore. If you sweat excessively, or workout outside…be sure to drink more.
- One to two days after exercise is the most common time to feel tight and sore after a workout. This is referred to as DOMS. Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. Another way to combat this is to keep moving. Walking, or light stretching and yoga will keep the blood flowing as your body recovers.
- Drink a whey-based protein shake within 30 minutes helps with reducing inflammation after exercise. This puts the body into a recovery state so the muscles can recover and rebuild faster. My favorite brand of Whey Based Protein is BioTrust Low Carb, Hormone Free Whey Protein. Most protein powders are loaded with fillers. This is filler-free and tastes amazing! (I love the vanilla!)
- The inflammatory response is your body’s way of telling you it’s healing. Sure, you may be sore…but the best way to combat this is to keep on challenging those muscles and do it again a day or two later!
- Foam rolling, self-massage, professional massages, and home care tools can help too. Slowly rolling out the knots and sore spots will increase blood flow to the areas promoting recovery.
- Turmeric and Omega fatty acids are stellar sources that reduce inflammation. This combo is a powerful way to combat inflammation from all means. Every organ in our bodies suffers from inflammation causing pain, weight gain, and even disease. I don’t go a single day without the most trusted source that reduces my inflammation while creating a stronger and healthier body. CLICK HERE FOR THE OPTIMAL SOURCE OF RECOVERY TO FIGHT INFLAMMATION
Take care of the body you live in and keep it strong. Reducing inflammation after exercise is part of the process that will keep you going for life!
For a FREE REPORT and cutting edge 7 Day Program to Kickstart Your Metabolism, please enter your email above. No spam emails. Just fun, do-able tips to help you get in the best shape of your life!
*I maybe compensated for sales from BioTrust and PuraThrive as an affiliate.