Who doesn’t like a nice tight and firm rear end? Male and female I’m sure would agree. Nothing like a firm butt. So, if you were born with a flat one, or have spent too much time sitting on yours…or even worse…doing cardio only, listen up, and perk up!
There are certain moves that target the glutes and the legs. You cannot and should not only work just the glutes. You want that nice and long, tight sweep that goes from the back of the knee…all the way up to that rear end. You want to make sure you hit the hamstrings, the quads and the ab and adductors as well.
Here are a 5 of my all time favorite moves that will have you getting the look you desire. The one that turns heads!
1. Squats – No if’s and’s or butts…LOL… squats are at the top of the list.
So, incorporate at least 1 set of a warm up with bodyweight, then 3-4 sets of either barbell or dumbbell squats, and get nice and low…so your buns are nice and high!
2. Walking lunges – Start with bodyweight. Then work up to holding dumbbells at your sides and really lunge forward. You want to stretch those legs, and really dig that front heel into the ground with the chest up as you lunge into the next step.
3. Step ups – Find a box, or bench that is flat and stable. Hold a set of dumbbells at your sides and keep one foot balanced on the box with most of your weight on your heel. Drive your foot into the box as you lift your chest up to a position while standing up straight on the box. Do this for 6-8 reps on one side then switch to the other side. Aim for 2-3 sets.
4. Stiff Legged Deadlifts – Holding a barbell, dumbbells or kettlebell, put the weight on the floor directly in front of you. Hinge hips back, and brace core as you very slightly bend knees, grab onto the weight with chest and head up. Squeeze glutes as you raise to a standing position, keeping glutes tight the entire time. Lower slowly. Do 6-8 reps including the other exercises using heavy weights. Aim for 3-4 sets.
5. Jump Squats – Yeah, I know. Squats again. Only this one is a killer! Being that a squat jump is an explosive move, make sure you are warmed up, but not too tired out. In a standing position, hinge the hips back as you lower into a squat position. The minute you hit quads parallel to the floor (or lower) explode up with arms over head, and land with soft knees right into the next squat.
10 Jump squats in a row after one or two other exercises can keep the heart rate up, and the intensity insane.
These 5 exercises if done 2-3 times weekly can completely change the way you look from the back and from the side. Make sure you are warmed up, have a good pre workout shake or meal, and go for the burn. Forget the cardio and the things that will make you “run your ass OFF” as your only means of exercise…do what those with the tightest buns do!
Looking forward to sharing ways to achieve optimal health, strength and wellness with you weekly!
For the best info sent to you weekly, sign up for my FREE newsletter on this page and then check your email for my 2 gifts that will be sent to you within a week!
p.s. FOR THE BEST WORKOUT, NUTRITION PLAN AND 3 FREE BONUSES, CLICK ON >>>I WANT TIGHT BUNS, LEAN LEGS AND A FLAT BELLY!