With nutrition in the forefront these days, it’s hard to know what to stay away from. Of course we know some of the obvious being pastries, fast food and things like potato chips. But why? I am going to clarify some information and give you a list of 5 foods to never eat…with the reasons why you should stay away.
- GMO foods – these genetically modified organisms have basically been created in a lab. Almost all of the corn, wheat and soy farmed in the U.S. has been tested for the residue called glyphosphate. This has been shown to be one of the leading culprits in “leaky gut syndrome” a problem with the lining of the intestines that is shown to cause chronic illness.
- Artificial Sweeteners – Even the ones that say “natural’ are not recognized in the body and can create havoc! Aspartame is 200 times sweeter than sugar and has been studied extensively. This fake, has been shown to cause everything from tinnitus (ringing in the ears) to, lupus, anxiety, headaches, joint pain, Alzheimers and dementia and more. Sucralose is 600 times sweeter than sugar. These fakes cause the brain to crave more sugar and trick it into wanting more carbs as well.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup – This common additive causes cravings, leaky gut syndrome, storage of visceral fat (the dangerous fat that surrounds the belly) liver damage, and more…stay away from this toxin that is found in salad dressings, baked goods, processed foods, and even yogurt!
- Sugar – Yep. Even the real and raw stuff. This is known to cause weight gain by promoting the elevation of ghrelin…the hormone that makes you hungry! It is also associated with accelerated aging, skin and organ damage, non-alcoholic liver disease, cancer, and type 2 diabetes.
- Trans Fats – This one is the biggie. It is also hard to stay away from if you do not prepare foods at home. This is the problem when non healthy oils are heated and create harmful substances. Most packaged foods, and baked goods contain these. STAY AWAY.
The basic way to stay healthy is to become a label reader. Follow my newsletter that is delivered FREE to you weekly by signing up for my FREE REPORT at the top of this page. And cook organic, wholesome foods as often as possible.
Don’t know what to eat, or how to cook or how to get in shape and feel younger, livelier and fit?
Your friend in fitness,