It seems that every woman nearing, or over 40 is following some trendy method of dieting. The problem with dieting is that it is not sustainable, and women rarely reach their goals. The best way to lose weight over 40, is to implement the 5 tips below.
- Focus on what your body is missing, instead of what you can’t eat. After 30+ years of coaching women to transform their shape, I see that women are deficient in 2 main foods. They are deficient in fiber, and protein. Fiber keeps you full, shuttles out impurities as it is a natural detoxifier, and protein prevents muscle loss which is imperative for a faster metabolism. Eat more veggies and fruits, and drink smoothies that are loaded with protein like this one here, or more meat, fish, eggs, turkey, and chicken.
- Lift weights more, and do less cardio. Although cardio is the first exercise women gravitate towards when trying to lose weight, the fact is that it can halt progress. With too much cardio, you produce more belly fat storing cortisol. And, when you do cardio without strength training, you lose the most important metabolic tissue on your body – and that is muscle. Building more muscle will raise your resting metabolism so you can burn calories even when you are not working out.
- Drink more water. Water keeps every system working better. Drinking at least 1/2 of your bodyweight in ounces of water daily, will be enough. Taking in enough water helps with metabolism, brain power, and so you can prevent constipation.
- Lower stress. Exercise is a fantastic way to empower your mind, and reduce when you lift weights or engage your body. Take walks outside without your earbuds. Enjoy nature, or listen to relaxing meditational tapes. Practice yoga and Thai chi to calm every system and lower cortisol.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep nightly. Deep sleep helps to lower hunger hormones associated with weight gain. You are more apt to binge, or crave carbs when you are sleep deprived. Be sure to create an inviting sleep sanctuary that invites calming feelings, and have a bed that is suitable for your comfort levels.
The top two are the most important of the best way to lose weight over 40. However, if you want to keep the weight off, practice all 5 tips for lifelong health and a slimmer you.
Click here to see how I still wear a bikini at 60+, and have the energy of a teenager!
If you want cutting-edge info sent to you weekly with tips, tools, and all you need to stay youthful and lean, enter your best email above!
I’m here to help you live your best life!