Do You NEED to Detox? People ask me regularly if I fast or do detoxes. The answer is not really. Well, at least I don’t do juice fasts, water fasts, cleanses or daily intermittent fasting.
I incorporate ALL of those into my daily rituals. It’s kind of like I “hack” a little bit of each diet and let my body do it’s own work while providing it what it needs to thrive. Why?
Because I believe that the body IF treated right, will naturally detoxify itself on a regular basis. Here are some of my daily practices that assure my body is detoxifying itself as it should be.
1. I drink a glass of water with lemon upon waking each morning.This practice has been done for centuries and primes the digestive system for the day!
2. I eat a wide variety of vegetables, especially greens that have detoxifying properties in addition to fiber and nutrients. I eat a LOT of plants. Actually, I have adopted a much larger plant-based diet than ever.
One thing I have found is that the foods are prettier, make me feel more energized, AND when I eat them…I KNOW I am putting love and care into my body.
This is what it craves to ward off disease and excess weight.
Most people are extremely deficient in fiber, and nutrient-dense plant fiber keeps you regular so that toxins don’t sit in your colon.
You know by now, that all disease starts in your digestive tract. This is the place you should put at the top of the list when it comes to knowledge about how to make your health and body feel better for the long haul.
3. I dry brush a few times weekly before showering. Dry brushing stimulates blood flow and the lymphatic system and sloughs off dead skin cells.
4. I exercise regularly. Whether it be a brisk walk outdoors or some kettlebell swings and a strength training workout…I keep my muscles engaged and my blood flowing! Movement helps you sweat, and keeps blood flowing to brain, and all other tissue for great circulation.
5. Although I do love wine and spirits on occasion, it is socially. The one supplement that I take to help the liver do its cleansing is milk thistle.
Milk thistle is a liver detoxifier that promotes cleansing and purifying so the liver can do it’s job when overtaxed.
Whether you drink alcohol, smoke, or eat poorly, liver health is imperative for weight loss, and anti-aging…also so that your body rids itself of impurities regularly.
Sure, there are many detoxes on the market and a lot of people are fasting these days. I prefer to eat for energy and practice a LIFESTYLE that keeps my body naturally detoxified.
HERE IS A SIMPLE PROGRAM TO REBOOT ENERGY LEVELS AND GET YOUR BODY ON TRACK WITH A SIMPLE 7 DAY RESTORATIVE PROGRAM
My key takeaways when you wonder to yourself that question after a weekend of poor diets, and junk… “Do I need to Detox?”:
Stay away from processed foods.
Limit sugar and simple carbs.
Drink water with lemon.
Make soups, smoothies and meals loaded with powerful disease fighting greens!
Eat salads, veggies, fruits and raw foods that supply fiber and promote energy while naturally cleansing your body! A supple and youthful looking body can be jumpstarted in 7 days with my tips and program when you click the link HERE.
Move your body to prevent a sluggish colon. And…practice these tips daily!
Let your body naturally detox itself of chemicals, processed foods and the things that bog us down and prevent us from living vital lives.
Sharing ways for us to live long and strong in bodies we love for life!