As a women’s health coach and gym owner, I see often what women try to do to “fix” a poor lifestyle. Female health after 50, actually should start when you are 30!
However, our bodies are amazing machines, and IF you shift your mindset to what you are capable of…great changes can happen.
Most women start to experience weight gain in their 40’s. They also experience weakness, brain fog and sleepless nights. These are not symptoms of aging, but of lifestyle changes that need to be altered.
You may have been able to get away with eating “whatever” in your 30’s but not anymore!
Your hormones are changing, you are losing muscle mass that makes you feel and look flabbier, and you need stellar sleep and nutrition.
However, the first thing you need to do is CHANGE YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH FOOD AND EXERCISE.
Most women still seem to have a poor relationship with food and either do only cardio – or nothing in the form of exercise.
I know. You don’t have time. You can’t afford a gym. Covid put on weight. And, you are sick of trendy diets and have NO energy!
That’s where the mistakes are being made decade after decade.
Here are 5 tips to get you on track to your best body ever, a huge boost in energy, and a body that takes you through life with vitality!
- Eat more protein– Eat approximately 100 grams daily. As we age, we lose precious muscle mass. Protein is the building block of skin, muscles, hair and nails and keeps us from looking older. My personal favorite is BioTrust’s Vanilla Low-Carb Protein Powder. It’s how I start every day, and I also drink a shake after every workout. Protein also keeps you full and helps with weight loss!
- Workout to build lean muscle tissue – As we age, we lose about 5-8% of our muscle mass each decade! That means a slower metabolism. It also means that we look older and are more apt to be weaker with a flabbier belly, and weaker back. When we add in strength training, bodyweight moves, resistance bands and move our bodies in all manner that mimic everyday life…we look, feel and move better no matter what our age is!
- Eat more veggies and fruits and ditch processed foods. – Our bodies, brains, metabolism and moods are all messed up due to processed chemicals and toxins. We are forcing our bodies to work overtime with the constant assault of additives that our bodies cannot process or recognize. Fiber from veggies keep you slim and regular. The nutrients will boost immunity, and energy levels fast when you aim for 6-8 servings per day.
- Drink more water – I’ll bet you are dehydrated. When you are dehydrated, you are lethargic, hold onto toxins, have poor skin, and less brainpower. Drink at least 1/2 of your bodyweight in ounces daily in pure water.
- Get at least 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night – Do you know that your body will produce hunger hormones if you are not getting enough sleep. Your brain will have less power and coping skills. Also that you will not have a strong enough immune system to ward off viruses and disease. Sleep in a cool and dark room. Make it a sanctuary that you fall asleep and stay asleep in! If you have trouble sleeping, drink this tea that has a calming effect on the brain and will help you stay asleep.
Female health after 50 does not have to be a challenge. Neither does your weight, your skin and hair, your brain power, or how much weight you have on your body.
Take action on these steps and watch your energy levels soar and your bodyweight drop as you renew your relationship with food, exercise and your life!
p.s. I am an affiliate of BioTrust and may be compensated for purchases.