We are all scared right now of the uncertainty around us. Of course, we know that we are in a place in time and life…that we have never seen. Here are your best tips on How to Make Today Happier!
You’ve got to separate yourself after the dose of reality.
The news tells us daily that people are dying everywhere. More and more people are being infected with the virus…and many people are in a horrible financial state.
We are feeling lost. Hopeless. Maybe mad at the government…Maybe alone.
This is the first time in my life since 9-11 that I have cried due to something going on in the world. I’ve had 2 meltdowns.
One a week ago in the middle of the night when I couldn’t sleep. Another this morning after hearing my good high school friends husband had a heart attack, and she couldn’t even go in the ambulance, let alone to the hospital where he’s had 3 surgeries. She’s alone at home. He’s alone in the hospital.
Every day we hear of a story that we’ve never had to even imagine! Of course there has always been poverty and war. Death and natural disasters that have taken lives.
The news shows us that every day.
Today I want you to take your mind to an optimistic…and happy place. Life DOES show us miracles. And, there are silver linings in places we may never think of.
That’s why today’s topic is HOW TO MAKE TODAY HAPPIER!
For today. TURN OFF THE NEWS. It’s smart and good to be informed…but when you leave your TV on in the background…or keep going back to the news on your laptop. You may end up only feeling despair.
We live in Michigan. Yesterday was probably the warmest and sunniest day since our lives changed. Now, we’ve been forced to not work…not see family…and stay home.
However…the sun was shining. The air was warm. I actually sat in a chair in my yard for 15 minutes, breathing calmly and taking in the sunshine.
Today I am going to give you a few tips to feel better.
IT MAY BE HARD…BUT USE YOUR IMAGINATION AND FEEL CREATIVE!
FORCE YOURSELF TO DO THESE WHEREVER YOU LIVE..AND I PROMISE YOU’LL FEEL BETTER AND REDUCE THE INTERNAL STRESS ON YOUR BODY AND YOUR MIND.
1. Get outside. Even if you have to go alone…take a walk and breathe in deeply and exhale to keep your lungs strong. Pump your arms…get your heart rate up and keep up the pace.
2. Put on some music that is either upbeat and makes you want to dance…or calms you and makes you smile. (nothing dramatic!) Music is something that can evoke happiness and healing. It makes most of us move around to the beat! Listen to something that makes you smile or feel like your on a vacation!
3. Get your body moving..either inside or outside. Your body has most likely been sitting more than ever. Here’s a mini workout that you can do for 10 minutes a couple of times daily!
* March in place for 1 minute. *Do 10 push ups on a counter.
*Do 10 Mock rows. Reach in front of you with arms extended…then pull elbows back so that fists are at your ribcage and squeeze your shoulder blades behind you.
*Stand up tall and reach overhead 10 times, from left to right going side to side to stretch up tall.
* Do 10 body weight squats. Or stand and sit into a low chair 10 times. REPEAT 2-3 X.
4. Call a friend that you’ve not called in a long time. Reaching out to someone to say hello will make you and the person on the other end feel loved and needed.
5. Watch a comedy or a show about nature as in Animal Planet before bedtime. We all need a good laugh…and, nature is beautiful, mind-blowing and calming.
We all need more love and happiness at this time.The news will be there tomorrow.
MAKE THIS ONE DAY A DAY OF HAPPINESS AND CALM…LOVE AND IMAGINATION…AND OF COURSE…
PRAY THAT THIS BECOMES OUR NORM SOON AGAIN!
With love and hope,