Most of us when asked, don’t want to live to be 100. Why? Because we fear that we’ll not be able to care for ourselves. The secrets to living longer should be with happiness…and vitality.
There are practices that when asked, most centenarians say they live by.
If you want the secrets to living longer, you should start with a positive mindset.
When you change how you think…many new doors open up.
Doors to daily practices. Chances to undo old ways of life and begin anew.
Beginning over can be invigorating. When you change your mind to consider what you are capable of and stop negative internal chatter.
Life will change.
Here are 6 Secrets to Living Longer. (but don’t forget that means with happiness and vitality as well!)
- Surround yourself with positive people. We are the sum of the 5 people we spend the most time with. Be sure it’s people you feel great around!
- Eat foods that nourish and energize you from the inside out. This doesn’t mean following a strict or trendy diet. It means enjoying foods from nature. Choosing wisely. And…enjoying that you are capable of making healthy choices.
- Get 7 hours of sleep nightly. Deep sleep restores brain power and energy levels…helps with moods, hormones and keeps weight off. Prepare your body for bedtime with calming rituals.
- MOVE your body on a daily basis. That could mean taking a walk or yoga…heavy weight lifting, or extreme cardio. Whatever it is…keep it going and mix it up. Most people let their muscles deteriorate from sedentary lives and end up weak. Weak cores, poor posture and balance issues send us to doctors and nursing homes. Your body is a functional machine…keep it from deteriorating with daily movement.
- Interact with people on a social basis regularly. Find a group of friends, a club, family members or work buddies. Keep the conversations positive and know that you can influence people with happiness. Connections to people are necessary and fun!
- Last but not least. Believe in something greater than you. We are all part of this beautiful universe of people, planets, and energy. Make your stay on this earth one that enriches others lives. Be the positive influence you want to get from others. Let go of things you cannot change, and commit to working on your inner self.
If you like this email, please sign up with your email address by adding it above (that I won’t share) for access to my newsletter. You’ll get an instant download to my FREE REPORT, with tips, tools and ways to live long and strong!
Wishing you the best YOU in 2020!