Fatty acids will change your body and your health. You might want to click off of this because when you think of fat, you still have a negative thought in your mind. Do not. There is one thing that is known now in the world of what makes our bodies thrive…fat will not make you fat. The truth is that we have a completely different way of understanding the body’s need for fats now. We used to think that all fat was bad fat. We used to think that fat made us fat. Some of us still think that all carbs are bad. Some of us have no idea of anymore of what to eat, when to eat, or why. I am going to give you reasons to doubt what you used to think,
My goal is to empower people with knowledge. Simple instructions of the basic needs of our bodies. Needs for an average person, needs for an athlete. Today we will focus on fats.
Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s) are a needed component for every cell in our bodies. Since the body does not make them, we must ingest them. From inflammatory responses in the body, to brain health… skin, hormones and more, we need fatty acids to live. Believe it or not, when we do not have enough of these in our system, we are at risk for behavioral disorders, diabetes, psoriasis, and a biological backlash that will take a long time to overcome.
Here are some ways to add EFA’s to your diet, and your plan of achieving supreme health and vitality.
1. Take 2-3 grams of Fish Oil daily. Nordic Natural’s are a 3rd party tested, mercury free brand. For women, Borage Seed Oil and Evening Primrose Oil are EFA’s that help with hormones, skin and hair health.
2. Add 2 T. of Organic Virgin Coconut Oil to diet daily. (I put 1 T. in coffee, and 1 T. is shakes)
3. Eat avocados, almonds, nut butters, walnuts, and nuts besides peanuts daily.
4. Use flax, hemp, and chia seeds and oils for cooking, and the ground seeds in shakes and in baking.
5. Use plant based oils, (cold as they do not heat well) on top of salads, vegetables and breads.
These are simple ways to add EFA’s to your diet. Consider Essential Fatty Acids to be a top component in overall health, wellness and vitality. Without them, your health will fail. With the addition of them, results will be seen in as little as 2 weeks!
(note: 1 gram of fat has 9 calories where protein and carbs have 4, so even too much of a good thing is NOT good. Fats should make up approximately 15-30% of your diet, depending on your lifestyle)
Searching and sharing ways for us to remain healthy and vital for years to come!